The official currency is the Mauritian rupee (MUR), with coins available in denominations of: 1, 5 and 10 rupees; and banknotes available in denominations of: 25, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1,000 and 2,000.
Currency can be exchanged at banks around the country, with interest rates varying. Many people prefer to simply use ATM machines while in Mauritius, with cash machines being widespread and accepting most major credit cards and Cirrus. While larger shopping centres accept credit cards as payment, you may find that smaller outlets and some restaurants only accept cash payment, making it wise to always carry some cash on you. Money wiring services are also available, but usually involve hefty transfer fees. Traveller's cheques often provide a better exchange rate than cash.
Monday to Thursday: 09:15 to 15:15; Fridays: 09:15 to 15:30; Saturdays: 09:15 to 11:15 (some banks only).
There is no limit on the import or export of local or foreign currency
Visitors over the age of 16 years can import the following duty-free items: 250 grams of tobacco (including cigars and cigarettes), 1 litre of spirits, 2 litres of wine, ale or beer, one quarter litre of eau de toilette and a quantity of perfume not exceeding 10cl. Plants and plant material cannot be imported without a plant import permit, obtained from the Ministry of Agriculture.
Visitors to Mauritius are at risk of becoming infected with dengue fever, which is transmitted by mosquitoes. The only preventative available is to protect yourself from being bitten therefore it is essential that you wear insect repellent and cover susceptible areas. Sleeping under a mosquito net is also advised. There is also a risk of becoming infected with the viral illness Chickungunya, also carried by mosquitoes.
Travellers are advised to get immunised against hepatitis A, following an endemic here in 1989. Visitors should also be up-to-date with other essential vaccinations such as tetanus.
If you intend to eat seafood while you are here, be aware that certain reef fish contain ciguatoxin including sea bass, snapper, mullet and grouper. If you eat these coral fish, do not mix your meal with peanuts or alcohol, and do not eat any of the intestines. Some consumers react badly to the toxins, causing vomiting and diarrhoea.
Visitors arriving from a malaria-endemic country may be subject to blood screening by the government health service.
Mauritius is considered a safe holiday destination however visitors should exercise common sense with their belongings. The larger centres are not devoid of petty crime, making it essential that you keep valuables and travel documents in a safe place at all times.
Mauritius is almost entirely encircled by coral reefs and visitors will be impressed by the abundant ocean life. While the maritime creatures here are fascinating to observe, visitors should be aware of the risks and dangers some of them pose and should seek medical attention immediately if they are stung or cut by coral.
Travel insurance is essential so that you are covered in case of emergency. Travellers should check that their insurance covers them for all sports and activities that they intend to participate in.
With both French and English acting as official languages, most visitors will find themselves easily understood here.
As a multicultural society, with Christianity sitting alongside Hinduism and Islam, Mauritius is tolerant of different beliefs and ethnicities. However, it is important that you show respect when visiting a religious site and never enter a religious building when a service is in process. There are also various rules associated with each religion, such as the prohibition of wearing shoes inside a mosque, which must also be respected. Visitors may also be lucky enough to witness one of the island's many religious festivals,
Tax and Tipping:
Tipping is optional, but normally considered unnecessary if the usual 12 per cent tax has already been added to the bill. While taxi drivers do not expect a tip, airport and hotel porters often do.
Visa and Passports:
Upon entry, visitors are required to provide details regarding their accommodation to the immigration service. Failure to do so may result in you not being allowed entry.
All visitors must have a passport and onward ticket. Visas valid for 90 days are issued to most visitors on arrival;
Customized Tour Inclusions as per client's requirement Package
Customized Tour Exclusions as per client's requirement Package
Enquire Now Cost List
| Ticket Rate
|Shakti Saver||Shakti Superb||Person|
|Actual Price||Discounted Price|
Customized Tour Cost as per client's requirement Package
Customized Tour Date as per client's requirement Package
Terms & Conditions:
- The Given quotation is valid only for this query and based on 02 Passenger travelling together. In case of any amendment in No of Persons, given rates will not be Valid & will change accordingly.
- The rates are based on the best available prices available at the time of costing and are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- The above is only an offer and So far no booking has been made and rooms / rates are subject to the availability at the time of receiving your official booking.
- If the Hotel or Airlines change their rates for the services that they offer, the same will be forwarded to you at the time of final Confirmation.
- Kindly note that during Major Exhibitions/Events additional surcharge will be applicable, Surcharge may vary depending on the Hotels, Airlines and will be advised at the time of Final Booking.
- According to the Hotel policy the current check in time is 15:00 hrs and check out is before 12:00 noon unless specified.
- All special requests like Early check in and late checkout, smoking, nonsmoking, views, floors, king, twin, adjoining and/or interconnecting rooms are strictly subject to availability upon arrival and cannot be guaranteed prior.
- We are not holding any Air tickets or rooms at the moment.
- Conditions Apply.
- Pre-Payment – Full Payment upon Confirmation
If circumstances make you cancel the tour, the cancellation must be intimated to us in writing. Such cancellation will attract the following Cancellations charges, the cancellation charges per person when a Cancellation is made
- 31 Days or more Prior to the departure of the Tour - Deposit Amount
- 30 - 15 Days Prior to the departure of the Tour - 40% Of the Cost
- 14 - 08 Days Prior to the departure of the Tour - 60% Of the Cost
- 7 Days or less Prior to the departure of the Tour or “ No Show” on the tour - 100% Of the Cost
Cancellation charges will apply on the total tour price without discount. In case of Cruise, 100% of the cruise cost paid will be forfeited in case of any cancellations, irrespective of time of cancellations. The company cannot assume responsibility for any additional cost or any fees relating to the issuance and/ or cancellation of Air tickets or other arrangements not done through the company.
- Deposit: - Nonrefundable Deposit given at the time of Booking.
- Air lines: - As per Airline Policy
- Hotel Accommodation: - As per Hotel Policy
- Visa fees are nonrefundable once the visa has been applied.
- Transfers / Sightseeing’s – Once booked will not be amended and have to follow Itinerary otherwise no refund will be permitted.
Visa Application Policy & Conditions:
To process the visa we will submit necessary documents like air tickets, Hotel Booking voucher, Insurance and other related document asked by the consulate or the embassy. By reason what so ever if consulate or embassy refuse or delay the visa, passengers has to pay the difference of amount or date change penalty imposed by airline or Hotels. We shall not be stand responsible for the additional amount; the same has to be paid to the company before departure of the tour. We will always apply for Normal tourist visas, If the passenger needs to cancel a tour due to rejection of visa or rejection of entry into country, the cancellation charges of the company will be applicable and shall be payable by the client. There will be no refund if the client, or any member of his party, is unable to travel due to the said reasons.
It is advisable to acquire adequate Overseas Travel Insurance cover for protection from any expenses such as medical, Baggage’s, legal, hospitalization, accident, it is mandatory to obtain an Overseas Travel Insurance policy for the Tour. Insurance claim is at the sole discretion of the Insurance Company. Insurance Premium Charges will be extra as per the Client’s age and Number of Days and Destinations. The rules, regulations as well as conditions mentioned in the Tour Quotation is a binding to me and the all members of my tourist group and the company. I have signed after reading and understanding The Quotation conditions.