Location: 10'33* North Latitude and 72' 38* East Longitude, located 404 kms. from Cochin. It is the headquarters of the U.T Administration since 1964. You have enough time to explore the island. The beautiful calm lagoon forms an ideal spot for water sports, swimming and basking on warm sandy beaches. Marine life exhibits can be seen at the new MARINE AQUARIUM which has excellent collection of specimens. Do not bother if you are not a good swimmer, we have made viewing the exotic underwater world easier for you through our glass bottomed boats. The Dolphin Dive Center is another attraction for water sports enthusiasts.
Location: 10'05* North Latitude and 73'39* East Longitude, located 287 kms. from Cochin. It is known for its Scenic beauty and the small islets called Tilakkam and Pitti and an uninhabited island on the north called Cheriyam. A huge shallow lagoon encloses all of them. A peculiar feature of KALPENI atoll is the huge storm bank of coral debris along the eastern and south-eastern shorelines. It is believed that huge boulders were thrown up during a storm in 1847. It is a progressive island. It was in this island that girls first went to school, when women's education was considered a taboo. Here, one can swim, reef-walk or water sport on kayaks, sail boat and pedal boat. A visit to the Baniyan Factory and the Light House is also included in the day's program.
Location: 8'17* North Latitude and 73'04* east Longitude, located 398 kms. from Cochin. It is about 10.6 Kms. long: it is the second largest island, the first being ANDROTT. It is the southernmost island in Lakshadweep, crescent shaped and has one of the largest lagoons. Viringili is the small islet that can be seen on the south. MINICOY is set apart from the northern group of islands by its culture: the islanders are employed as seamen in ocean going vessels the world over. The island has a systematically arranged village system known as 'Avah'. Each avah is a cluster of houses which is headed by an elected elderly man called Bodukaka. Traditionally all powers to manage village affairs are vested in him. Each village has a village house beautifully decorated and maintained. Mahl is the spoken language. MINICOY is an important centre for tuna fishing. The Light House of the island is one of the oldest and was constructed in 1885. One can visit the villages, tuna canning factory, the light house and go for a long drive through dense coconut groves and winding village roads. The beaches have bathing huts and change rooms. So swim and beach walk, Pedal boat, Kayak and Sail. Three Tourist Cottages and a Twenty Bedded Tourist Home have been constructed for the staying tourists.
- First class AC cabin accommodation (Bath attached) with bunk beds.
- All 3 meals [Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner], morning and evening tea or coffee.
- Bus transfer to the ship from the boarding point at Cochin.
- Welcome drink at the island.
- Three island sightseeing - Kavaratti, Kalpeni and Minicoy from 10 am to 4 pm.
- Water Sports: Kayaking, snorkelling and Glass bottom boat ride (1 time).
- Tourist entry permit and heritage fee.
- Personal assistance on the ship and Island.
- Food option - Veg/ Non- Veg/ Jain Food.
Distance from Cochin Airport: 38km (1 hour)
Distance from Railway Station: 8km (15 mins)
- Scuba Diving is not included in the tariff.
- Guests can go diving at Kavaratti by paying Rs 2000 per dive at Dolphin Dive Center.
Enquire Now Book Online Cost List
| Ticket Rate
|Shakti Saver||Shakti Superb||Shakti Superior||Person|
- 10% hike will be applicable in December
- Rates in Indian Rupees, GST Extra (5%)
- Rates are fixed by Lakshadweep Administration - Tourism
- Ship Schedule:
- 06 to 10 Oct 2018 - Kavaratti-Minicoy-Kalpeni
- 13 to 17 Oct 2018 - Kalpeni-Minicoy-Kavaratti
- 20 to 24 Oct 2018 - Kavaratti-Kalpeni-Minicoy
- 27 to 31 Oct 2018 - Minicoy-Kavaratti-Kadmat
- 03 to 07 Nov 2018 - Kadmat-Kavaratti-Minicoy
- 10 to 14 Nov 2018 - Kavaratti-Kalpeni-Minicoy
- 17 to 21 Nov 2018 - Minicoy-Kavaratti-Kalpeni
- 24 to 28 Nov 2018 - Kalpeni-Minicoy-Kavaratti
- 01 to 05 Dec 2018 - Kadmat-Kavaratti-Minicoy
- 08 to 12 Dec 2018 - Kavaratti-Kalpeni-Minicoy
- 15 to 19 Dec 2018 - Minicoy-Kavaratti-Kalpeni
- 22 to 26 Dec 2018 - Kalpeni-Minicoy-Kavaratti
- 28 to 01 Dec 2018 - Kavaratti-Kalpeni-Minicoy
- 10% cancellation charge will be deducted if the booking is cancelled 30 days before departure of the ship.
- 25% cancellation charge will be deducted if the booking is cancelled between 29th to 10th days before departure of the ship.
- No refund if cancelled within 10 days before the departure of the ship.
In case of cancellation/ amendment, any extra charge levied by the vessel operator will be levied on the customer. In the case of cruise packages, if the voyage is cancelled due to any reason beyond our control, inclement weather, breakdown of cruise, etc., our liability will be limited to refund of cruise package cost collected. We will not be responsible for any other loss/ damage/ expenses, directly or indirectly incurred by our guests.
- The reporting time at Lakshadweep Wharf, Near FCI Godown, Indira Gandhi Road, Willingdon Island, Cochin, is 09.00 am. The scheduled departure time is 02.00 pm. However, the exact time of departure may vary.
- Please note the ships cannot dock at the islands as the facility for the same is not available on the island. The passengers will be transferred to boats, which will take you to the island. It is recommended that ladies avoid saris for easier movement.
- Persons planning to take the trip should be in sound health.
- Avoid usage of plastic on the islands. 5. Please carry sunscreen lotion, umbrellas, caps, etc. as it may be very hot.
- Carry a first-aid kit as per your family’s requirements.
- Do not litter the land or the water.
- Do not pick up/ pluck corals as souvenirs. It is a punishable offense.
- Narcotic drugs are prohibited.
- Do not use alcoholic drinks, intoxicants while on the islands or on the ship.
- Nude swimming or sunbathing is strictly prohibited.
- Do not go out of your island lagoon without permission of the SPORTS authorities and without a proper escort as it can be risky.
- Do not pluck tender coconuts yourself. The trees are privately owned and unauthorised plucking of coconuts is a theft.
- For the Weekend – Lakshadweep Samundram and Coral Reef packages – as you will be spending the full day on the island you can carry some extra clothes for wash and change as the facility to wash and change are available on the island.
- All Passengers to hold a valid identity card (Voter’s ID / Passport/ Driving License)
- Avoid booking return journey on the day of arrival in Cochin. Ship’s arrival timing is subject to weather, current port clearance.
- Only BSNL has phone network and coverage on the islands.