The Brahmaputra in Assam spans from 3 to 40 kilometers across (2-25 miles), flowing under the shadows of the eastern Himalayas with mountains reaching a height of over 7400 meters (24,278 feet). The area along the river is a true natural history paradise. Here you find over 850 different species of birds, fresh water dolphins, and four national parks with abundant elephants, single-horned rhinos, and wild buffalo. Perhaps most fascinating to the visitor, are the over 40 different tribal cultures found in the region. Other attractions are Buddhist monasteries and Hindu Gurukuls, teaching in an education style of over 5,000 years. The architecture of the temples of Assam, built in traditional Indian and Thai styles, showcases the artistic talents of the local people. The brilliant greens of the terraced rice paddies and the lush tea plantations will have you marveling at this little-known paradise.
23 aesthetically designed twin and double cabins as below: 2 Suites with balcony 283.2 sq ft (includes the cabin, bathroom and the balcony) 9 Superior cabins with balcony I Deck Cabin: 206 sq. ft (includes the cabin, bathroom and the balcony) I Deck Cabin: Room 109 & 110: 230 sq. ft (includes the cabin, bathroom and the balcony) 12 Superior cabins without balcony II Deck Cabin: 150 sq.ft. (includes the cabin & bathroom) CABIN FEATURES: All cabins incorporate satellite TV, personal safe, mini bar, in-house telephone and attached bathrooms. AIR CONDITIONING: All the cabins and the restaurant/lounge are centrally air-conditioned.
The ship's complement consists of 30 staff including: Captain/Master Cruise Director Marine Engineer Guide/Naturalist Hospitality Manager Navigational Crew Hospitality Crew
In the evenings there are local tribal dances or guest lectures. Recreational facilities onboard include: A well-stocked library. Various board games. Swimming pool on the first deck. Spa and Salon on the lower deck. Sun deck. DINING: Our chefs prepare local/Indian and Continental cuisine menus using locally sourced ingredients. All meals inclusive of tea and coffee served in the main indoor dining restaurant. Given advance notice, all dietary requirements can be catered for, along with the guest preferred alcoholic beverages. SHORE VISITS: Two excursion tenders ferry guests safely to and from the vessel under the supervision of a Senior Officer. All shore excursions are escorted. CURRENCY ONBOARD: Indian Rupees and Credit Cards – American Express, Visa and MasterCard only. PASSENGER LIFT: One passenger lift between lower deck and the second deck. The sun deck is served by an external staircase. SMOKING: Permitted in OPEN AREAS only. CHILDREN: It is recommended that children above the age of six years be booked as passengers. They would be the sole responsibility of the parents/guardians and must never be left unattended. NIGHT CRUISING: All cruising takes place between 6.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. There will be no night cruising. KEEPING IN TOUCH: Due to the remoteness of some of the areas being visited, cell phone usage may be limited to 50%. On-board internet and phone facilities will be available in the lobby area wherever the connectivity is available. IMPORTED ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, LAUNDRY, MASSAGES, SALON AND PHONE CALLS/INTERNET (WHEN AVAILABLE): are extra and subject to additional charges.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis on full board plan.
- All Entrance fees at the Monuments and National Parks as per the itinerary.
- 1 Glass of Domestic wine/beer with Farewell and Welcome dinners
- All excursions/lectures/performances and activities as per the itinerary.
- Services of English speaking Naturalist/ Destination Manager during sightseeing at all the places as per the itinerary.
- Assistance on all Arrival & Departure transfers with Representative at the airport and Land transport by Air-Conditioned vehicles (Air-conditioned vehicles at Majuli Island are subject to availability).
- Expense of personal nature like laundry, telephone/fax calls, internet, imported wines & spirits, camera/video camera fee at monuments/National Park, medical expenses, Salon/massages, airport departure tax etc.
- Any Insurance. Any further tax levied by the government of India.
- Evacuation charges in case of medical emergencies, insurance is available on request.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and airplanes delays, roadblocks, vehicle malfunctions, political disturbances, taxes, lost luggage, etc.
- Govt. service tax 5%
- International & Domestic Air fares. Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Supplement of peak period from 20th Dec'16 till 10th Jan'17 will be advised on booking request for that period.
Enquire Now Book Online Cost List
| Ticket Rate
|Shakti Saver||Shakti Superb||Shakti Superior||Person|
Shakti Saver : Superior Cabin without Balcony
Shakti Superb : Superior Cabin with Balcony
Shakti Superior : Suite Cabin (Double Occupancy only)
Prices valid from October, 2016 till April, 2018
Except for the 20th December’ 2017 to 10th January’ 2018 period
River cruising in this part of the world is an adventurous experience. Assam is still in the developing stages of tourism and the developing infrastructure is rushing to keep pace with the rapidly growing interest in this part of India. As such, our voyage is an expedition-style cruise with all creature comforts on-board. Our shore-side staff will make every effort to attend to your comfort during onshore expeditions. However, vehicles and roads may not be of the same standard that you have experienced elsewhere, although we use the best of what is available locally.
Please note, this itinerary is subject to weather and river conditions. The Captain/Cruise Director reserves the right to adjust the itinerary for passenger safety and comfort. The Brahmaputra River is subject to seasonal fluctuations. Islands and sand bars can appear and disappear between one sailing and the next. Also, being one of the highest precipitation zones in the world, our program is subject to weather and River conditions. Also, we reserve the right to convert the direction of the cruise from upstream to downstream or vice versa without any compensation.